So, this is the month that our house went under contract (our current house, not the new one) and it’s unbelievable to me to think that 14 months ago, we were trying to figure out how to be parents and now we’re trying to figure out how to move our family to a new home. For a mama that doesn’t do well with change, a lot of it has happened in too quick of a timeframe for my liking. Anyway…let’s hope G learns to embrace it more quickly than I do. 🙂
This month, Gabriella seemed to learn how to be silly, loving, sweet and smartly inquisitive. Not that she wasn’t those things before, but in these past 4 weeks those traits have totally exploded. I love how this month’s photo is all about spring – flowers, butterflies and brightly colored prints. 🙂
- G gives kisses and hugs like it’s her job. On command, randomly, before bed, when picking her up from school…you never know when the mood will strike for an open mouth kiss or a dead-weight cuddle on your shoulder and I live for those moments.
- Gabs plays with Riese more and more…like, really plays with her rope, furry man squeaky toy, ball, if Riese wants it, G will grab it and throw it! She also has taken on her first household chore involving Riese, but more on that in a minute… 🙂
- Serious face! This girl is ridiculous. She’ll sit in her high chair during dinner and make a scowl-y face with furrowed eyebrows and all, head down with sinister eyes…and as soon as you make that face back at her, she cracks up laughing and giggling. We love playing “serious face!” to keep things lighthearted around here.
- Gabby’s newest words: helicopter (ca-coo), airplane (air-pee), open (op-ee), UP (which also means down in her mind), ready (re-iii), everywhere (evy-weir), bike (biee), bear (beeear), potty (paahty). Sidenote in regards to the ‘paahty’ – since she loves stating someone’s in there and closing the door after it’s been used, I’m hoping this means potty-training may happen quickly and painlessly! She’s already curious and excited about this space in the house, so the diaper-free lifestyle may begin sooner rather than later…!?
- If you ask her, she’ll point out her head, feet, hair, arms, legs, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and mommy’s earrings and necklace (we’re working on not pulling those last 2 items out of their proper place).
- G’s first chore (!): she loves to put Riese’s bowl back in her food container when she’s all done (note: we did NOT assign this job to her, she just started picking up her bowl and running to put it away – all while giggling!)