You may wonder why G’s photo this month was taken while standing by the front door and not in front of our regular fabric backdrop. It’s really a simple answer…it’s the one place she stood still and cooperated for more than a minute, since it meant she got to “help” daddy dig out a bush. Anything to be out in the fresh air!
- We’ve moved onto sentences around here. I’m a bit confused. No one warned me that 20 months after having a newborn baby, I’d have a
walkingrunning, talking, communicating little lady.
“I want some milk please!”…”Daddy mowing the lawn?”…”Riese is excited!”…”Where’d the doggie go?”…”Gabby want to hold it”…
- Gabby sings and dances on her own in the car, on walks…no music necessary! She’ll break out into song anytime, anywhere! New favorite songs include Hot Potato (not the nursery rhyme you think…we found this really catchy song and G loves nothing more than bouncing around the house to it! I’m warning you now…it’s catchy and fun and it’ll be stuck in your head too – you’re welcome!), Frere Jacques (aka Are You Sleeping?)…and yes, she sings both the French and English parts, skid-a-marink, 5 little ducks, ABCs, and Twinkle, Twinkle.
- Gabs eats Honey Bunches of Oats cereal with mommy in the morning before work/school. For some reason, this just makes me feel like we have a 14 year old.
- G Strausy spent quality time with Aunt Raq and Dave for a full 48 hours as Mommy and Daddy went away for their 5th anniversary. A great time was had by all!
- And last but not least, it’s been about 6 weeks since we started potty training Gabriella and we’ve all learned a lot. Namely, there were so few accidents, G’s set the bar pretty darn high. Anything is possible if your toddler sets her mind to it…and your dog is there to help along the way. (Long story short: Gabby felt most comfortable using the potty when she could “show Riese!”…) Waiting until you’re done with the 3-day blitz and THEN going public with your success, is absolutely the right thing to do. Not having to worry about dirty diapers is kind of the most liberating thing ever. Finally, if you’re in the midst of it or about to start sometime in the near future, we can’t recommend this reading material highly enough: oh crap. potty training.