Today happens to be a certain someone’s 2nd birthday and we have about enough developments, milestones, phrases, favorites, opinions and preferences to share as there are sprinkles on a birthday cupcake…but since we’re a teeny tiny tad bit behind with this post, we’ll just hit the highlights…I’ll save my getting all sappy until her 24 month photoshoot (coming soon!). 😉 You’ve been forewarned.
Over the last 3 months Gabriella has become quite an independent, well-mannered, fun-loving little girl. Her laughter is infectious, her smirk is contagious and her conversational skills are more advanced than some adults I’ve met. She questions everything she sees and studies everyone to the point where I’m pretty sure she is a better judge of character than the rest of us. Her appetite for fruits and vegetables still makes this mama so proud. 🙂
Here are some of our recent conversations:
- “Mommy, I need a napkin. I made a mess.”
- “Gabby, do you want a bite of Mommy’s dinner?
- “I not finished chewwwwing.”
- “Do you want another cookie?”
- “No, it’s not a cookie Mommy, it’s a gaaaaaham cracker.”
- “Morning Rieeeeeese! She tired. She no getting up.”
- “Ok, Gabby, Mommy needs to open the oven. It’s going to be really hot…”
- “I stand over here and cover my eyes.”
- “Love you. Night, night. See you ‘morrow.”
- “You look like a little marshmallow, Gabby!” (while getting her snowsuit and puffy jacket on…)
- “I not a marshmallow…I Gabriella.”
And with that, here’s our G-Strausy, who seems way too grown-up all of a sudden.